Thursday, January 11, 2007

I'm Roberto

Hi! My name is Roberto and I am 12 years old, and I study at Colegio Jorge Washington in Cartagena, Colombia. My school is also called COJOWA. I am Gemini and I study in 7th grade, I have a lot of friends. I like to do many things, to go to the pool, to watch TV, to hang out with my friends, to play piano, to play soccer and I am learning Italian. When I and my friends go to play soccer, we go to a place called Campito 2010, or sometimes we go to see a movie. I am learning Italian because my family comes from Italy; my great grand mother and father was born in Italy. I like a lot to go on a trip with my family to other countries or other cities beside Cartagena. I like very much soccer and I love cars, I go to auto shows and more. I am always seeing English soccer on TV and seeing the results on the Internet. I like many types of music, specially a Colombian one. My school starts at 7:00 AM and ends at 2:30 PM.

I like to know soccer news and more. My favorite subject in school is math, P.E. is very fun too. I am very interested in knowing the problems that are occurring in the world. I really like to be notified of every event, I really wish to know more about news and events. I like the theme of knowing what is happening in my country, with the gorillas, the FARC and more things that are destroying the country from the inside. I like to know about the technology in the world and how it is progressing.

Some of the most important issues that are impacting a lot in the society right now are terrorism, contamination, child soldiers, wars, poverty, sexual abuse, pollution, and global warming. Many of these problems occur here in Colombia, like poverty, pollution, and sexual abuse. Surrounding Cartagena there are many neighborhoods, which are strongly affected by poverty. The people in the world are not concerned of what these problems can cause in the future. Another really important big issue is the drug and alcohol problems, being addicted to alcohol or to drugs, smoking too. Many people consuming drugs and alcohol, influence children and teenagers to consume too.

I really am very concerned of how these issues are going to affect in the future. The lack of literacy rate in the world is a big problem that can affect the world a lot in years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home