Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My Trip to Argentina, Chile, and Peru

In June of 2005, my family and me did a trip to Argentina, Peru, and Chile. First we went on airplane to Buenos Aires, Argentina, the flight lasted 3 hours. It was very cool, we went to many churches. Buenos Aires was very fun because we were with a family that were some friends of my parents, so it was cool. We ate many types of meat, because Argentina is the country were the meat is the most delicious. We went to many different restaurants.

We stayed 3 days in Buenos Aires. The next city was Bariloche, Argentina. We stayed 3 days there. We stayed at a hotel called Llao Llao, the hotel was very big and the bedrooms were very big. There was a huge mountain called El Cerro Catedral, it was the second time I saw snow. The second day we went to sky at the mountain. It was the first time I sky, so I fall like 20 times. It was very fun and it was very cool learning to sky. I was very cold when we were skiing because the top of the mountain was at -5 degrees.

When the three days in Bariloche passed we went to Santiago, Chile. When the airplane was going off, one of the motors go off and started again. We almost crashed; I was very scared when the plain almost collided with the floor. The plain was going to go at 9:00 P.M., but we lasted almost until 1:00 A.M. because we where waiting another airplane from the United States. The flight lasted like 2 hours so we arrived very late to the hotel.

Santiago was very bored compared to the other cities. We stayed in Santiago 2 days. The only interesting thing was that we went to a giant course of horse racing. We saw some races and we took some photos with the horses. From Santiago we were going to Cuzco, Peru, to take a train to Machu Picchu, Peru. I was very excited because it was the first time I was in a train of that kind.

Cuzco was a little strange, strange in climate. If you were in the shadow you 5 degrees, but if you weren't in the shadow, you were at 25 degrees. So we needed to have a jacket in our hands always. The train was very big and lasted like 3 hours. It was a very cool trip. When we got to Machu Picchu we got to the top of the hill in a bus. We walked in the mountain for almost 4 hours, it was very hot, and so we needed to have tons of water and hats for the sun.

Machu Picchu was the last city we visited. We stayed three days in Cuzco, and one day we went to Machu Picchu. I really liked and enjoined the trip. I learned a lot about Machu Picchu and Chile’s and Argentina’s history. I hope the person who is reading this considers doing the trip I did. I hope one day I visit the other countries of South America.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pau I said...

Hi Roberto!
I think you have a super fun time in all those cities! Specially when you went to the mountain and skiied! Great work!

Thu Nov 02, 06:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home