Saturday, September 30, 2006

World Cup 2006

This year’s world cup was very exciting. At the beginning of the world cup I wanted France and Italy to win, and I couldn’t decide which more. I think that this year's world cup, France deserved to win. The new soccer ball of this world cup was called TeamGeist, made from Adidas and as everybody knows it was in Germany, there were 12 stadiums, the best and most beautiful ones where Allianz Arena in Munich and Olympiastadion in Berlin were the final was played. In this cup there were 32 teams and 8 groups of 4 teams each.

The favorite teams to win the cup were Brazil, France, Germany, Italy, Argentina and England. This worlds cup was had some of the best goals in history, the best one was the goal of Maxi Rodriguez from Argentina in minute 115 versus Mexico. I was really exited for the tournament, when I knew that the final was France versus Italy I was like confused, I didn’t know to what team have as favorite, but at last it was France even ought that my family is Italian, so everyone was disappointed with the decision.

There was a big surprise; it was that Brazil was eliminated in quarterfinals. Something not very good about world cups is that you wait for 4 years to see something of 1 month, it passes too quickly. The final passed very quickly, like just at the beginning the goal of Zinedine Zidane at minute 9, then Marco Materazzi’s goal then minutes later It was a shame that Zidane head-butted Materazzi, so the referee gives the red card to Zidane, that was his last match in his career.

I was very disappointed when David Trezeguet missed the penalty shot. The celebration of Italy was gigantic, Italy almost exploded. Thierry Henry, the French forward was angry because he loss two finals in a year, the world cup and the Uefa Champions League. I really enjoyed this year’s world cup; I hope that the next one would be better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home