Saturday, February 24, 2007

9/11

On the Internet one of the biggest news seen this century was the 9/11. The 9/11 was the greatest terrorist attack in this century. What happened is that two hijacked airplanes crashes into the World Trade Center, another airplane hit the pentagon at the same day, 11Th of September 2001. That day nineteen Al-Qaeda terrorist hijacked 4 commercial passenger jet airliners that where in flight. As I said two airplanes crashes the World Trade Center in New York City, the other at the Pentagon in Virginia, the fourth plane crashes by the intent of control of the airplane by the passengers.

There were 2,992 deaths, including the nineteen hijackers; two hundred and forty six on the four planes, no one aboard of any of the hijacked aircraft survived, 2,602 in near and in the four towers, and finally a hundred and twenty five at the Pentagon. Four hundred and three people died trying to save civilians, including three hundred and forty three New York Fire Department firefighters , twenty three from the New York City Police Department officers, and thirty seven Port Authority Police Department officers, and other twenty four people remain missing.

Nineteen men got on the four planes, five on American Airlines Flight 11, five on United Airlines Flight 175, five on American Airlines Flight 77, and four on United Airlines Flight 93. Fifteen of the nineteen hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, two from the United Arab Emirates, one from Egypt, and the other from Lebanon.

I think that the nineteen men that hijacked the planes did it because of crazy or following there religion, maybe just because they want to hurt people. I didn't knew what was happening the day when the school was dismissed, until I arrived home and I saw the news. I think it's been the worst day of the lives of many people that had there families in the World Trade Center. When I saw the news I thought of when I was in the World Trade Center one month ago, I was petrified because we went there almost a month ago. I remember that the 11Th of September of 2006 a little private plane from a baseball player of the Yankees crashed a building in New York City, when I saw the news I thought it was a terrorist act, but it was only problems on the plane. I remember that the day after all the newspapers in the country talked about it, some people say the saw the devils face in the smoke that got out of the two towers. On the Internet you could find lots of videos of the crash of the airplanes and the collapse of the two towers.

In this project I want to learn and write next about other terrorist attacks all around the world, especially in Europe and Southwest Asia. To know more about the most famous and dangerous terrorist in history, and what acts did they commit. I want to know the tactics that the terrorist use and what the world is doing to prevent all these events.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home